There are several ways we welcome your involvement, including:
The LDN ministry is dependent on prayer. The ministry is dynamic and continues to grow as we work to fulfill our mandate.
Please pray for:
- Facilitators – as they fine-tune curriculum, teach and facilitate meaningful discussion.
- Participants – as they carve out time to read, prepare and complete assignments, for growth in grace and maturity, and for new applicants who are eager to fully develop their leadership abilities.
- Mentors – as they seek to provide spiritual and practical guidance to participants.
- Alumni – for graduates to discern God’s calling and place in which to apply their leadership skills.
- All CRC leaders in BC – for a deep desire to continue learning and growing in their leadership skills.
- The Standing Committee (aka Board)– for wisdom, discernment and a spirit of unity in decision-making.
Consider applying to the 3-year LDN program, or attend any of the afternoon ministry skill learnings that will be offered and open to all.
Additional ways to participate:
- Mentorship – each LDN student requires a mentor. If you are asked to be someone’s mentor, please consider this request prayerfully.
- Promotion – let your church council know about LDN and Let’s Talk About sessions in your area. Consider speaking with your pastor and other church leaders about whether a tailored leadership training session for your church might be another option.
- Utilize and tell others about the various resources on this website, to foster the journey of spiritual growth.
We are eager to partner with you to discover, develop and deploy those in your own congregation in ministry leadership.
- Prayerfully identify and encourage leaders/potential leaders who would benefit from this program, to apply.
- Encourage and assist the deployment of graduates in appropriate ministries within your congregation.
- Join pastors in the BC classes who meet annually with Wilma van der Leek for LDN vision casting. Watch the events calendar or contact Wilma.
Donations & Sponsorship
We welcome donations towards the on-going ministry of LDN, as we desire to keep tuition costs manageable for participants. Consider sponsoring one of the participants in the 3-year LDN program, individually or corporately. Contact an LDN admin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.
Occasionally there are opportunities to assist in practical ways from set up of events to administrative tasks. Please contact the LDN admin (email@example.com) to ask how you may be able to help.