Coming Up Fall 2022
1Life is keen to provide resources that help churches move towards a maturing process of faith formation, not only a series of discrete events. We trust that the five callings named by our denomination’s synod truly do invite holistic participation in God’s mission in the world through the church.
To that end, we are offering for the first time a 1Life essentials curriculum which we hope will strengthen the five callings as a common vocabulary and faith formation approach for our 41 BC CRCs.
What will this look like?
Six on-line workshops – one for each of the five callings and one introductory workshop on the mystery of our 1Life in Christ – will be held on the fourth Monday evening of the month. These 6 full-evening workshops prepared by the 1Life curators, along with newly appointed Resonate church planting leader, Pastor Tim Sheridan, will offer a spiritually rich collage of scripture, music, book/article, conversation & key questions connected to the calling under consideration that evening.
- Monday, September 26: called to 1Life – from exhaustion to wholeness in Christ
- Monday, October 24: called to Gospel Proclamation & Worship – from the stage to the table
- Monday, November 28: called to Servant Leadership – from decisions to discernment
- Monday, January 23: called to Faith Formation – from information to formation
- Monday, February 27: called to Global Mission – from colonizing to world community
- Monday, March 27: called to Mercy & Justice – from charity to kinship
How can I participate?
1Life Essentials will be offered on-line to a cohort of participants committed to attending the six workshops and sharing what they’ve learned with their communities. The strength of the on-line format is that it lets us build a province wide learning community with equal access, while creating appetite for the in-person community best nourished in the local church. Between workshops, participants are requested to spend time in prayer and reflection with what they have engaged.
To sign up for this unique learning cohort, please click here.